Traveller’s Hostel Prague
Location : Dlouhá 33, Prague 1 – the location is perfect for discovering the city by foot. Close to the city centre (5 minutes walking), close to the most popular bars and clubs in Prague as well situated next to Roxy Club – one of the most popular clubs in Prague. Distance from the railway station – 10 minutes.
Atmosphere: Friendly is the first word that comes to my mind. I stayed in this hostel in 2004; that almost 10 years. Being my first hostels I have ever been, staff was very helpful and managed to answer all my stupid questions for a scary traveller. I was accommodated in the 8 beds room – quite big enough. What I really liked was that not being in a high-season I managed to make friends easy and partied out with a awesome gang : a Romanian, a Japanese guy & female, a Mexican and a Australian girl with and angelic voice ( irish and Australian accent combined).
Cleanliness & Rooms: Things can change in 10 years. I don’t know the ratings from booking.com in 2004 but today there are not that good for traveller’s hostel Dlouha. What I know is that back in 2004, the hostel was clean enough and I was impressed with the bathroom. Not all the hostels I have been don’t have a tampon space in the shower area where to put your clothes. Rooms were big enough for my standards.
Security : As I mentioned before I was a scared traveller with a lot of money in poses ion for that time.
Services and prices : Breakfast was included. And it was big (eggs, milk, cereals, etc). Back then wi-fi was not a word invited but now the hostels can give you access to the internet – free of charge. The bar and the TV is located in the same place where breakfast is taken. A large room with a playground.
Beds prices starts from 11 euro a night. For a centrally located hostel in Prague and with breakfast included I believe is the best deal for a backpacker.
Recommend it : 7/10 .
Where to book online Traveller’s Hostel Prague : www.travellers.cz/en/dlouha-pension-hostel-prague.php
Other travellers reviews of Traveller’s Hostel Prague from Tripadvisor:
i worked in prague for 4 years as a tour guide and sometimes i back to this wonderful city for visit my people. I choosed this hostel twice and both times was excellent, the location is perfect, the prices are really cheap and the attention of the receptionists is so nice. People says and think that czechs are rude, why not, sometimes is true but in the another hand they are true people who can be best Friends. Thanks Martin
I stayed in a dorm room. It was pretty noisy at night because the place was next to a night club. And the locker cabinet was not secure at all. All of them were break into and our stuff are searched. I lost my laptop and a spare phone from a locked cabinet. If you want to stay here especially dorm room make sure you keep all your valuables with you on your bed.
– excellent location – 5 minutes from everything, including Old Town square.
– excellent surrounding – drugstore, mini market, cafe, club, restaurant – everything is right behind the door.
– quite clean rooms and bathrooms
– low price
– quite nice personnel available throughout the night.
– NOISE. Guys, if you take dorm for 16 beds, be ready the windows are on Dlouha street, there is city hottest bar right one floor below, and the people are clubbing until the morning. Then in the morning comes the garbage machine which jungles hundreds of glass bottles. So take your earplugs or take another dorm/room, no chance to sleep for a usual person.
– temperature. There was over 30 degrees during day, but the rooms didn’t have ventilator or air conditioning. So we opened the windows and … see p.1.
– social space. There is no such space in hostel. You have small kitchen on each floor designed only for cooking, and a little hall at reception. No nice lobbies with books and board games where travellers can meet and make friends.
But anyway – good value per price!
Map & Direction for Traveller’s Hostel Prague