i worked in prague for 4 years as a tour guide and sometimes i back to this wonderful city for visit my people. I choosed this hostel twice and both times was excellent, the location is perfect, the prices are really cheap and the attention of the receptionists is so nice. People says and think that czechs are rude, why not, sometimes is true but in the another hand they are true people who can be best Friends. Thanks Martin
I stayed in a dorm room. It was pretty noisy at night because the place was next to a night club. And the locker cabinet was not secure at all. All of them were break into and our stuff are searched. I lost my laptop and a spare phone from a locked cabinet. If you want to stay here especially dorm room make sure you keep all your valuables with you on your bed.
– excellent location – 5 minutes from everything, including Old Town square.
– excellent surrounding – drugstore, mini market, cafe, club, restaurant – everything is right behind the door.
– quite clean rooms and bathrooms
– low price
– quite nice personnel available throughout the night.
– NOISE. Guys, if you take dorm for 16 beds, be ready the windows are on Dlouha street, there is city hottest bar right one floor below, and the people are clubbing until the morning. Then in the morning comes the garbage machine which jungles hundreds of glass bottles. So take your earplugs or take another dorm/room, no chance to sleep for a usual person.
– temperature. There was over 30 degrees during day, but the rooms didn’t have ventilator or air conditioning. So we opened the windows and … see p.1.
– social space. There is no such space in hostel. You have small kitchen on each floor designed only for cooking, and a little hall at reception. No nice lobbies with books and board games where travellers can meet and make friends.
But anyway – good value per price!