Traveling with children in Myanmar and especially in Yangon can be a bit exhausted. Either if you do a walking tour in downtown Yangon or visit the main landmarks of Yangon by car and “fighting” with the traffic at the end of the visiting day you will need a excellent family hotels Yangon.
We have picked for are parents readers a selection of the best family hotels Yangon or check this complete list for the best Myanmar family hotels!
1. Sedona Hotel Yangon – 5* – Family Hotels Yangon
In Myanmar hotels have quite a strict policy when it comes to accommodating an extra person as a child for example. Under 1 year it would stay for free and only a baby coat is needed; note that not all the hotels might have a baby coat or numbers are limited so try to book in advance the hotel. The 2 and 3* hotels might not have at all a baby coat so try to book a 4 or 5* hotel in Myanmar.
Sedona Hotel in Yangon is our first recommendation for a family hotels Yangon. Located close to Inya Lake, one of the biggest park area of Yangon will make it ideally located for families who are looking to escape the dense, traffic and the noise of a 6 million population as Yangon has.
Secondly it’s located close to Myanmar Plaza, the first shopping mall in Yangon.
Sedona Hotels has a new wing which was built last year so our recommendation is to book the rooms in advance.
All guests can enjoy complimentary internet access (WiFi) in the bedrooms and public area and access to the extensive leisure centre including 20 metre pool, kids pool. There is also complimentary underground secure parking.
From an accommodation perspective, the hotel has 30 family rooms – each one with enough space for a travel cot or camp bed as well as a double-bed and two single beds and extra bed.
How much does a room costs at Sedona Hotel Yangon? Prices start 120$/night for Deluxe Double Rooms. Inya Wing – Premier Room with City View which is our suggestion is 180$/night. Please note that extra beds will be charged at USD 95 per person per night.
2. Rose Garden Hotel 5* – Family Hotels Yangon
What can you ask for more from a family hotel in Yangon – centrally located, swimming pool and only 5 minutes walking from the Yangon Zoo? Rose Garden Hotel has it all!
The 5 star Rose Garden Hotel provides a convenient and scenic accommodation for guests looking to enjoy all there is to see and do in Yangon. The hotel is within walking distance of the Yangon Zoo, the train station for the circular ride in Yangon, Kandawgyi Lake or Shwedagon Pagoda.
The hotel offers 63 rooms and suites with conveniences like 24-hour room service and Free high-speed, wireless Internet access.
How much does a room costs at Sedona Hotel Yangon? Prices start 130$/night for Deluxe Double Rooms with balcony Booking an Exclusivity Suite at Rose Garden Hotel – priced at 290$/night will bring you a lot of extra benefits as:
- Breakfast at Foyer Restaurant
- Complimentary minibar
- Daily turndown hors d’oeuvres
- L’Occitane amenities
- 2 complimentary pieces of laundry per day
- Complimentary use of the business centre
- Complimentary 2 hour use of a private office suite daily, subject to availability
- Complimentary early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
3. Family Treasure Yangon – Family Hotels Yangon
Not all hotels in Yangon do have a family room and usually they will add an extra bed. Our next suggestion is a great option for a family stay in Yangon as it has special rooms dedicated for families. Room is good in size ( 30 m² ) and features a flat-screen cable TV, minibar and air conditioning.
During your family break at the the family hotels Yangon , don’t forget there is plenty to see and do during your stay!
The hotel is a mid-range hotel in Yangon and don’t expect luxury; it’s a decent hotel in downtown Yangon close to China Town and Sule Pagoda and Sule Square.
How much does a room costs at Family Treasure Hotel Yangon ? Prices start 55$/night for the Family Room.
4.Hotel Esperado Lakeview Yangon 4* – Family Hotels Yangon
This 4 star family hotel in Yangon combines luxury with a modern homely design with a uniquely refreshing and very personal experience. Esperado Hotel Yangon has a great range of facilities and is the perfect base to make family breaks relaxing and enjoyable and have plenty to keep the younger guests entertained while mum and dad can unwind knowing everything is taken care of.
Has fantastic views over Kandawgyi Lake and Shwedagon Pagoda in the night and you can enjoy the evening with a great wine from Romania (ask the bartender!)
How much does a room costs at Hotel Esperado Lake View Yangon ? Prices start at 90$/night for the Premier Double Lake View Room.
5. Hotel Chatrium Yangon 5* – Family Hotels Yangon
Located in downtown Yangon, just across the Kandawgyi Lake and far away from the road makes Chatrium Hotel in Yangon the best for family stays in Myanmar.
At the Chatrium Hotel Yangon they are committed to providing an extra warm welcome to families with children and they will do all they can to make your time in Yangon an enjoyable one. They have an exceptional range of facilities to make family breaks relaxing and enjoyable and they have plenty to keep the younger guests entertained while mum and dad can unwind knowing everything is taken care of.
There rooms are soundproof so if your kids are a bit naughty they won’t be heard!
While dad plays with the kids in the outdoor pool which is perfect for relaxation in a peaceful atmosphere, mom can enjoy a traditional Thai massages and herbal baths are available at Nemita Spa. Then while mom stays with the kids dad can work out at the fitness centre or relax in the sauna.
There are 3 restaurants in the hotel: Emporia Restaurant offers a variety of Asian and Western dishes. Kohaku Restaurant serves Japanese dishes, while Chinese food is offered at Tiger Hill Restaurant. Hotels do provide Babysitting/child services so you both can enjoy a great meal while the baby sitter takes care of your little angels!
- Personalised welcome, private check-in and check-out at the Chatrium Club Floo
- All day refreshments
- Complimentary high tea from 14:00–16:00 hrs.
- Complimentary happy hour cocktail experience
- Complimentary of 10 minutes local telephone call usage per day
- Complimentary of 2 hours meeting room usage per day with maximum of 10 guests
- Complimentary use of mini business centre and mini library at Chatrium Club Floor (US$5 allowance for printing and copying at business centre)
- Complimentary shoe-shining service
- Personalised service by Chatrium Club Floor Associates
- Complimentary daily English language newspaper
- Complimentary breakfast with a choice of a buffet breakfast at The Emporia, or a Japanese breakfast set served in your room (pre-order before 10:00 hrs required)
- Complimentary laundry or dry cleaning for up to 2 pieces per day (laundry sent before 10:00 hrs will be returned on the same day at 19:00 hr
- Early check-in/late check-out until 16:00 hrs (subject to room availability)
Kids Activities & Places for Kids in Yangon
- Inya Lake Lake
- Kandawgyi Lake
- Waterboom Yangon
- Yangon Circle Train
- Parami Pizza (has a great place dedicated to children and child menu)
- Mahabandoola Garden