Generally speaking, well known hotels & resorts in the Udaipur are welcoming towards all LGBTQ couples and most of the 4 & 5* hotels are gay friendly hotels Udaipur.
Legal status. On 24 August 2017, India’s Supreme Court gave the country’s LGBT community the freedom to safely express their sexual orientation. Therefore, an individual’s sexual orientation is protected under the country’s Right to Privacy law.
Udaipur, formerly the capital of the Mewar Kingdom, is a city in the western Indian state of Rajasthan. Founded by Maharana Udai Singh II in 1559, it’s set around a series of artificial lakes and is known for its lavish royal residences. City Palace, overlooking Lake Pichola, is a monumental complex of 11 palaces, courtyards and gardens, famed for its intricate peacock mosaics.
Top attractions to visit in Udaipur
- Bagore Ki Haveli Museum
- City Palace of Udaipur
- Lake Pichola
- Ekling Ji Temple
- Sajjangarh Monsoon Palace
Day Trips in Udaipur
- Udaipur Sightseeing Tour
- Amazing Full-Day Tour To Ranakpur And Kumbalgarh From Udaipur
- Private Full-Day Tour to Ranakpur and Kumbalgarh from Udaipur
- Private Day Trip to Chittorgarh Fort from Udaipur
1. Hotel The Tiger 3* – Gay Friendly Hotels Udaipur
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Hotel The Tiger offers accommodation in Udaipur.
The rooms have a private bathroom. A TV with cable channels is available.
There is a 24-hour front desk at the property. Room service is available.
Bagore ki Haveli is a few steps from Hotel The Tiger, while Jagdish temple is 100 m away. The nearest airport is Maharana Pratap Airport, 22 km from the property.
The Tiger Hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Udaipur’s main attractions – City Palace, Jagdish Temple, Gangaur Ghat, bagore ki haveli museum, pichola lake for boating and the lively Bazaars are only a stone’s A Clean & comfortable stay at lakeside.
Hotel is located at the Banks of Lake.. Clean , Clear Lake. View from the room for Sunset is amazing and spectacular. Room can be more cleaner but no complaints for the price one is paying. Staff is friendly and loving.
Great lake view from the rooftop restaurant and decent lake views from the top floor rooms. Very helpful staff and good food ordered by the desk from a nearby restaurant. Rooms were clean and cozy.
Only be prepared for the following
a. There is no elevator as it is an old heritage building so you need to climb the flights of stairs to rooms with a good view. The staff will of course bring luggage up.
b. Located in a narrow bylane so tourist cars will not come up to the gate. The car drop is a 5 minute walk away from where you need to hire auto rickshaws if you have heavy luggage.
1. Accessibility – It is right at the Gangaur ghat, right at the north end of lake pichola, surrounded by all the narrow lanes, cabs cannot reach here, you need to depend on the auto, if you are taking cab from airport, cab guys would drop you to nearest location till where the car can go, all such areas are at 2-5 mins walking distance from the hotel, so you can walk till there or can take auto for that small distance if you have heavy luggage. On your daily city visits, auto or rented bike is a good option.
2. Parking – Hotel does not offer parking, they do not have parking space at all, despite that lanes are so narrow that two autos side by side fill the entire street, so if spacious parking is your requirement then this one is not for you. Parking at some pay and park areas away from hotels is not a good option either.
3. Service – Great service, at least we could experience that, the manager, the service staff they all were polite, good in behavior, helpful at every stage of our stay..!!
4. Rooms – We booked for lake view room and it was fantastic, we could see sunset right from the room window, they had sitting are near window, room size was adequate, tv reception was good, had all the required known channels, hot water was no problem we went when winter was started so probably they kept the ho water running throughout the day otherwise there are some timings for hot water like 7am to 11am and in the evening also which I cannot recall. Room also had enough charging plugs, lights were not that much but okay to lit up the room, cupboard was provided, hair dryer, tea maker, extra blankets, dressing table, stand to dry out clothes were also provided. No modern techs are there to lock the doors or switch on the electricity, it’s plain old simple way which is good sometimes like I could keep my mobile for charging and went for a cup of tea in the evening. Though AC was there we hardly switch it on due to crazy winter.
5. Restaurant – Rooftop restaurant, small in size can house 20 25 people, pure veg food only, but hotel menu was good, food was tasty though, we usually opt out of hotel’s dinner option but here we did have dinner twice and it was wonderful, especially when you have a great lake view from restaurant, breakfast options are also good e.g. sandwiches, pan cakes, poha, bread butter, bread jam, tea, coffee and likewise. Poha was tasty for sure and the tea was very nice. Sunset view from restaurant while having evening tea and snacks is unmatched..!!
How much does a room costs at Hotel The Tiger ?
This twin/double room has a private entrance, electric kettle and bathrobe.
Where to book online – Hotel The Tiger – Gay Friendly Hotels Udaipur – you can find the best hotels deals in Udaipur during Mewar festival which is celebrated with much enthusiasm in Udaipur on Booking.com or Trip.com and see more reviews on TripAdvisor.
2. Taj Lake Palace Udaipur 5* – Gay Friendly Hotels Udaipur
Situated in the middle ofPichola and built in 1746, is built with marble and features majestic architecture. It offers a full spa at Jiva Spa and customised programmes including site-specific yoga sessions. It has breathtaking views of the , Aravalli and Machla Magra hills, and Jag Mandir. Rooms come with butler service.
For alocal , the hotel offers guided heritage walks, astrology sessions and cultural shows. Leisure facilities include a 24-hour fitness centre and a hot/cold spa pool. There is also a shopping arcade, games room and business centre. Guests can take a and know all the details about the .
Taj Lake Palace boasts rooms with beautifully carved wooden furniture and luxurious silk fabrics. Offering garden or lake views, each room has a flat-screen TV and DVD player. The private bathroom comes with a bathtub, Forest Essential toiletries and shower.
The ethereal Taj Lake Palace affords guests the pleasures of India’s bygone princely era. Over the centuries, it has played host to royalty, poets and writers and the Maharana’s guests. Trappings like a welcoming vintage car ride to the charming city of Udaipur, the Jiva Spa boat, royal butlers, recipes from traditional Mewari cuisine and arrival by boat – all little facets that make this former pleasure palace the celebrated luxury hotel it is today.
Lake Palace is a true gem in Lake Pichhola, a palace turned into a luxury heritage hotel run by Taj Group is a true bliss in Udaipur. The meals, accommodation and facilities are top of the class. The views from the room, rooftop, pool and restaurant are just impeccable.
One of the most iconic hotels in the world, Lake palace is rightly on everyone’s bucket list.. But the charm of staying in the middle of the lake is not complete without the royal care of the attentive staff there.
The palace is much more beautiful from within.. From the lily pond to the various gardens, each corner of the property affords unique views that are more picturesque than the last. Dipped in history, it seems each part of the palace has a story to tell.
I highly recommend the sunset cruise on your first day, followed by a visit of the city palace and some local market on the second day. Precious stones and pashminas are high quality and more affordable than anywhere else.
The Indian restaurant is delicious but indoor. The rooftop restaurant offers an outdoor romantic, elegant and royal ambiance/view. Both are very different and unique.
The hotel is unique due to being in the middle of Pichola Lake. It is a lovely setting in a former palace. They do bring out the royal treatment when you arrive in your boat to the dock. They drop rose petals down from above as you enter the front door.
And a gentleman covers you with an umbrella to shade you as you walk to the inside of the hotel.
If the Umaid Bhawan Palace is the Maharaja of Rajasthan, then surely Taj Lake Palace is the Maharani – gorgeous colors, romantically appointed rooms, beautiful as a jewel box, to be visited at least once in a lifetime. We had two types of accommodations – a double room with water view, and the second night the Mayur Mahal – Royal Peacock Suite. The room was beautiful, like a small jewel, with a double bed (queen, really), and a richly upholstered sofa. The bathroom is tiny, tiny – if you are two larger sized adults, you might be better off with the suite, which is so otherworldly stunning, that you feel as if in a storybook.
The situation in the middle of lake Pichola is of course unusual and breathtaking..The rates for the rooms are of course high, but we didn’t regret it.It’s Worth all the money you can spend.Getting in and out by boat while enjoying the exceptional view of the city palaces around the lake is an experienced by itself.The rooms are luxuriously decorated, the interior gardens are perfectly groomed and an ideal place to sit around and enjoy the cool evenings, perhaps with a drink from the bar.The cocktail list is impressive, and so are the drinks, some associated with Bond movie actors.
We had dinner at the 3 restaurants, the one at the rooftop offering a breathtaking view. All restaurants serve excellent food, either indian style or european, the restaurant prices are very reasonable and so is the outstanding wine list.Indian white wine is very tasty and perfect to accompany dinner.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, no wish is left unfulfilled.
It’s a “once in a lifetime experience” for sure.
A great hotel from the Taj Hotels in the middle of the lake at Udaipur where James Bond Octopussy was partly filmed. What makes this hotel so special is the location, the restaurant on the roof and the staff. However everything about and at this hotel is excellent. Well worth staying at. We were upgraded part way through our stay and both rooms had great views. Rooms are serviced well. Lots of free water. Wi-Fi is ok, but a bit slow. Transfer from the lake edge is from the hotels private jetty and is by hotel boat which is free and ready whenever you want to go back and forth. A lake tour together with a hotel history tour is worth doing. Highly recommended.
How much does a room costs at Taj Lake Palace Udaipur ?
Prices start 520 $/night for Luxury Double Room with Garden View. The Palace Double Room with Lake View is 710$/room per night with breakfast included – if coming on a honeymoon this is the perfect choice for gay couples.
Large and luxurious suite offers lake views and the palace butler service.
Where to book online – Taj Lake Palace Udaipur – Gay Friendly Hotels Udaipur – you can find the best hotels deals in Udaipur during Mewar festival which is celebrated with much enthusiasm in Udaipur on Booking.com or Trip.com and see more reviews on TripAdvisor.
3. Blu Feather Hotel & Spa * – Gay Friendly Hotels Udaipur
Set in Udaipur, Blu Feather Hotel & Spa is 7 km from Jagdish temple and offers facilities like outdoor swimming pool. The property features a bar, as well as a restaurant. Local points of interest like Bagore ki Haveli and City Palace of Udaipur are reachable within 7 km and 7 km, respectively.
The units in the hotel are equipped with a kettle. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom and a bath. All guest rooms come with a flat-screen TV with cable channels.
A buffet breakfast is available daily at the property.
The hotel is very beautiful & clean and provides you a great hospitality. The staff were very helpful for customers. The hotel provides you the best facilities. The rooftop of hotel was great .food is awesome. Overall experience was wonderful. I’ll recommend this hotel to my friends for stay for sure.
This is a very good hotel for those who do not want to spend too much, stay away from the chaos of the old city and close to the airport. Also very good as an overnight highway stop.
Service was excellent and hygiene and maintenance was very good throughout the property. Restaurant was nice and has a pretty good selection of items.
Its a pretty new hotel so the rooms are quite updated and feels very plush. Decent beds and pretty updated bathrooms make for a comfortable stay.
Views from a higher floor and the back of the hotel are the best. Avoid highway facing rooms as it is a dusty highway and nothing to see.
Excellent rooms and great breakfast at restaurant, nice hospitality great stay. Rooms are good and spacious, having rooftop swimming pool and having facility of candle light dinner. You can also enjoy spa here if you like at nominal cost. Overall a complete package of stay. Recommended for others to stay.
We came here for relaxation, and this hotel made our booking a worth. Very well maintained property, rooftop swimming pool and cafe adds the real charm to your stay. Surrounded by scenic beauty, this hotel is far from the city crowd and chaos, and service is really satisfying. Very decent and polite staff. Must go if you want a peaceful and luxury stay in budget.
The room was very nice and hygienic and all modern amenities available in room.
The breakfast was fantastic and taste was very good.
The rooftop top swimming pool was with beautiful ambience surrounding by small mountains. The staff was cooperative and polite.
I recommend to all my friends for stay in Blu Feather if Visit Udaipur.
How much does a room costs at Blu Feather Hotel & Spa ?
This suite has a private entrance, seating area and bathrobe.
Where to book online – Blu Feather Hotel & Spa – Gay Friendly Hotels Udaipur – you can find the best hotels deals in Udaipur during Mewar festival which is celebrated with much enthusiasm in Udaipur on Booking.com or Trip.com and see more reviews on TripAdvisor.