Local Tours Singapore (2021): How to spend wisely the $100 Voucher
Border are closed for foreigners so local travel agencies and tours operators around the world and in Singapore have to reply on local demand for in order to stay afloat and with local tours Singapore can make them pass this unique times. Since many have lost their jobs and income is not sure in the coming months it’s difficult to think of traveling within Singapore and explore the local food, attractions or do a staycation in Singapore.
The STB ( Singapore Tourism Board) has decided to give S$100 worth of vouchers which are to be spend starting from December 2020 till March 2021. To be honest I was expecting for the project to start a bit early ( November) in order to support more the local tourism industry; but they probably decided they need more time to implement and add more attractions and local tours Singapore on their list.
Each Singapore citizen aged 18 years and above in the year 2020 will receive S$100 worth of SingapoRediscovers Vouchers, according to a press release by the Singapore Tourism Board (STB).
Singapore considered the 8th safest place in the world, according to the 2018 Global Peace Index. And there is a large community of foreigners — 1.3 million out of a population of 5.6 million — that makes it feel like a true international destination. So the STB decided to skip a large amount of people (expats) from the tourism scheme and many of them are low paid migrants which might have used and had a little fun with their families. Plus the 130 millions SGD could have entered in the tourism economy and helped more the local industry. Let’s some the expats will be added. Thailand for example is having will the “Expat Travel Deal 2020” event in Bangkok to offer promotions on travel package organized by Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)
It will be digitally accessible via SingPass.
The vouchers will be provided in denominations of S$10 and may be used to purchase tickets for attractions and tours as well as for accommodation bookings at licensed hotels. The hotels tends to be expensive in Singapore and usually local singaporeans or PR in Singapore when do staycation plan to use 4 and 5* hotels which tends to cost even more. Not sure if multiple vouchers can be used once; let’s stay a family has 2 vouchers totaling 200 SGD and combined can use it to stay one night at Marine Bay for example and to pay for the differance.
On top of that, the government will also provide a S$10 subsidy for child/youth tickets for attractions and tours.
Each SingapoRediscovers Vouchers user is eligible to purchase up to six child/youth tickets at subsidised prices for the duration of the scheme.
All licensed hotels, tourist attractions, and tours that have been approved by STB to operate or reopen are eligible to benefit from this scheme.
This scheme will last from Dec. 2020 to end-June 2021.
What local tours Singapore are good for avoiding crowds?
10% off Klook activities in Singapore: use code: REDISCOVERSG
These hidden gems in Singapore may have limited interaction with crowds.
Singapore Tourism Voucher can be used for the locas tours & experiences in Singapore starting from December 2020.
How to redeem $100 tourism voucher
Just to to Klook.com (one of the official tourism providers which are included in the program), select the desired tour & activity, book and apply your discount code!
1. Singapore Signature Guided Tour
- Discover the city’s hubs of culture and activity at Chinatown and Little India
- Take a relaxing stroll and sit under the shady trees of the Botanic Gardens
- Satisfy all your tummy’s cravings at the humble Maxwell Food Centre that welcomes both local and tourist during the morning tour
This is a guided tour and with a maximum 5 person to join is the perfect way to discover Singapore and make new friends.
The tourism voucher Singapore can be used for this activity as well!
Price start from 66 SGD per person and the tour can be booked here!
Clients do recommend this private local tours Singapore:
Tour was fun, informative and definitely worth your money. I appreciate Sam’s (tour guide) punctuality and professionalism. He was also very considerate- making sure we have few minutes of rests in between. Highly recommended!
Tip: if you are booking this trip, please wear comfy shoes and sun protective clothing/items . There will be lots of walking under the sun.
- Chinese/English-speaking guide
Not Inclusive Of
- Meals and beverages
- Other personal expenses
2. FunVee Night Tour – Local Tours Singapore
Is the perfect local night tour in Singapore if you want to explore the city during the evening and night and escape the heat during the day!
See the best of Singapore after the sun sets. The FunVee WOW Night Tour takes you to the best spots in town from busy streets to beautiful parks. Your tour starts off right as the sun sets. After dinner, you will journey to the awe-inspiring Gardens by the Bay, Singapore’s eco-friendly nature park and Supertree Grove, to snap some futuristic photos. Next, you will be driven by Merlion Park, Padang and, most notably, National Gallery, located in two iconic national monuments—former Supreme Court and City Hall. Complete the tour with a stop at Clarke Quay, where you can shop for souvenirs, clothing, accessories and have a delicious supper!
- See Singapore’s best attractions and explore the city after sunset
- Try authentic dishes at a local food court and shop to your heart’s content at Haji Lane and Clarke Quay
- Sit down and relax to admire the Christmas Light up in Orchard Road with FunVee Light Up Tour
Price start from 28 SGD per person and the tour can be booked here!
Clients do recommend this private local tours Singapore with Klook:
2. Trick Eye Museum Singapore
Let your imagination run wild at Trick Eye Museum in Singapore, an internationally-renowned 3D art museum from Korea. With its huge array of hand-painted art exhibits made by dedicated Korean artists, each exhibit comes alive with the use of a special art technique, called Trompe-l’oeil, that makes 2D art pop up into 3D! Feel, touch, and interact with the exhibits in 6 different zones, and enjoy a day filled with fun, laughter, adventure and excitement.
Get a heightened experience of the Trick Eye Museum with their very own Augmented Reality mobile app, where you’ll see a whole new world of AR appear before your very eyes! Discover a hidden word that is seen only through the app by downloading the free “Trickeye-Singapore” mobile app from the Google Play Store or App Store, and watch as your photos and videos come alive with hidden animals, magic, fireworks and other special effects! Come experience our latest exhibits all the way from Korea! Do battle with a ferocious sea dragon, take a walk on the wild side among giant dinosaurs or try to escape the clutches of the evil witch if you’re up for an adventure. Or stroll through the colourful Rainbow Room with larger than life candy if you’re looking for Insta-worthy photos. Challenge yourself to take the most creative optical illusion photos, and enjoy a day filled with laughter, fun and memories.
- Trick Eye Museum is SG Clean Certified. Learn more about this activity’s Enhanced Health & Hygiene Measures
- Trick and be tricked with more than 80 optical illusion paintings and installations
- There are no boundaries! Step inside or crawl into the exhibits, interact with the characters and become the subject of the artwork on display
- See optical illusion artworks exclusive to Singapore that you won’t find in any other gallery
- Enjoy easy and convenient transfers to Sentosa from your hotel in the city
- 1 Trick Eye Museum ticket(s)
- Children aged 0-3 can enter free of charge
- Make sure your camera batteries are charged in this self-proclaimed ‘please touch!’ museum!
What Clients say about their visit at Trick Eye Museum Singapore.
One of the most interesting and fun place to visit in Sentosa island. It was a pure delight to experience this. If you love clicking having fun while clicking pics, this is a must visit. You need at least 2-3 hours to enjoy this place. This stayed with us.
You can buy your tickets at Trick Eye Museum Singapore. at 18 SGD / person online here.
3. The Live Turtle and Tortoise Museum
We welcome you to enter into a rare world of turtles and tortoises. More than just a collection of reptiles, this is a true learning experience for all.
At the Live Turtle & Tortoise Museum, we are committed to the health of our environment and to every turtle and tortoise large and small. Many reach out to us for help in the continuity for the care of their pet turtles, some very exotic species that they no longer can care for. Should you be interested to see many species under one roof, do drop by The Live Turtle and Tortoise Museum!
- Come and see the Guiness World Record of the largest collection of live turtles and turtle artifacts from all over the world.
- Sense the mystery of the river turtle, the awesome power of the Alligator turtle and the beauty of the Radiated tortoise.
- See and feel the spirit of the Sulcata Tortoise for luck, and the Malaysian Giant River Turtle for wishes. Be fascinated by the majestic Pig Nose Flying Turtle and the Six Legged Tortoise. Listen to the lonely noise of the Indian Star Tortoise and marvel at the strange looking Soft Shell Turtle from India.
- Be entertained by the funny antics of Terrapins and Box Turtles roaming freely through the premises. You can also pet and hand feed some of them. If you are in luck, you may even get a rare glimpse of nature at work as these reptiles mate.
- 1 The Live Turtle and Tortoise Museum ticket(s)
Not Inclusive Of
- Other personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Animal treats
This offer is only available for Singapore residents.
What tourists say about their visit at The Live Turtle and Tortoise Museum
Took our 6 year old son there and we had an absolutely fun time feeding the tortoises and turtles. The staff were very friendly and cheerful. Will definitely visit again!
4. Madame Tussauds Skip-the-Line Ticket in Singapore
Snap a selfie with rock stars, actors, politicians, musicians at Madame Tussauds Museum in Singapore! Upon arriving, have no worries when redeeming your ticket – simply go to the Klook exclusive skip-the-line lane and avoid the hassles of queuing! Take a trip back in history or straight to famedom by visiting the museum’s various sections: Music, A-List Party, Sports, History & Leaders, Film, and more. Don’t leave without hopping aboard The Spirit of Singapore Boat Ride that takes you on a voyage through an exotic tropical garden. See the Images of Singapore Live exhibition and discover the city’s transformation from a small village into a bustling metropolis.
- Madame Tussauds Singapore is SG Clean Certified. Learn more about this activity’s Enhanced Health & Hygiene Measures
- Enjoy the exclusive perk of skipping the long queues when you visit the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum SG
- Grab the opportunity to take epic selfies with famous people from across history and all over the world
- Meet the Avengers cast and experience the action with them in the only Marvel 4D Experience in the Asia
Hop aboard the Spirit of Singapore, the first ever Madame Tussauds boat ride, that will awaken your five senses
- Admission to attractions: Madame Tussauds Singapore, Spirit of Singapore boat ride and Images of Singapore LIVE
- Choice of: Marvel 4D Experience OR Ultimate Film Star Experience
Not Inclusive Of
- Admission to Sentosa Island. Entry fees must be paid to Sentosa directly at the island gantry on day of visit
- Children aged 0-2 can enter free of charge
What tourists say about their visit at Madame Tussauds Singapore
Madame Tussauds was a really good exhibition, giving a sampling of what great wax sculptures look like (allowing viewers to be the judge because most of them are familiar to us), but I really appreciated the insight into the great pains taken behind the scenes to make these sculptures. It’s a pity the hands-on sessions are closed due to the pandemic.
You can buy your tickets at Madame Tussauds at 23 SGD / person online here.
Local Tours Singapore: Staycation
A staycation, or holistay, is a period in which an individual or family stays home and participates in leisure activities within day trip distance of their home and does not require overnight accommodation. Staycation has become a huge hit in the past months due to the covid-19 restriction of traveling. Having no other options to travel and people wanting to escape their tiny room, staycation comes in hand. No need to pay for a flight ticket but only a metro ticket or a short Grab drive to the hotel.
1. Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore Family Staycation
Nestled within 15 acres of tropical gardens, Shangri-La Singapore offers a hideaway just 7-minutes from the hustle and bustle of Orchard Road. This luxurious hotel boasts pampering body treatments at Chi, The Spa and a fitness centre. Free WiFi is available in all rooms and complimentary private parking is offered.
- Family Fun Package: 1-Night Stay at Garden Wing Deluxe City View Room (Complimentary upgrade from Tower Wing Deluxe Room), daily breakfast for 2 adults & 2 children (below 12 years old), complimentary gelato for 4 guests at Waterfall Ristorante Italiano and playtime at the newly launched outdoor Splash Zone featuring 6 unique water play areas.
- SG Clean Hotel: To ensure your safety during your stay, the hotel has implemented measures such as mandatory temperature taking & completion of health declaration forms, hand sanitiser dispensers and disinfection kits available at guest contact areas, frequent and regular sanitisation of high-contact points, use of contactless technology, and certified SG Clean by Singapore National Environment Agency are some highlights to ensure that you can experience an elevated level of protection during your stay.
This staycation offer in Singapore is perfect for families with kids and toddler especially as Shangri-la Singapore catters for the family more than business travelers in these days.
Previous clients with kids who book this staycation really have enjoyed their experience!
The experience is great especially if you have kids who are very young. I have a 3 year and a 1.5 year old. Buds (indoor playground) was great for them and also the splash zone (water play). It is a pity that the children find that there is not enough time to play because of the 1 pm check in and we went for lunch at one of the restaurants first. The play time is around 1.5 hrs each. So plan well to maximise. We also have a picnic basket with quite a lot of food items
How much does it cost a staycation at Shangri La-Hotel Singapore?
Prices start S$ 387.75 / night per room. You can book the staycation in Singapore for this hotel here.
- 1-night accommodation at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
- Breakfast for Two
- Garden Picnic Experience for Two
- 20% Off Discount for Chi, The Spa
- Complimentary Parking
- Air Conditioning, Bathroom, TV, Coffee Maker, Mini Bar, Free WiFi, Bathrobes, Slippers, Balcony
2. M Social Hotel Singapore Staycation
A staycation in Singapore does not have to be to expensive to have fun and relax with your family after a long hard working week. Our next suggestion is a good deal for a staycation in Singapore: M Social Hotel. a 4* hotel.
Nestled in the heart of vibrant Robertson Quay along the iconic Singapore River, M Social Singapore offers accommodation away from the hustle and bustle of the city. With interiors designed by renowned French designer, Philippe Starck, it features an outdoor swimming pool and a fitness centre. Guests can enjoy meals at the in-house restaurant or have a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is available on site.
A contemporary lifestyle boutique hotel by the Singapore River, M Social Singapore (SG Clean certified) captures the spirit of adventure behind every stay. Trending on Instagram with its unique Loft-Style and Alcove Rooms akin to a theatrical experience, M Social Singapore is a stage where we tell a unique story with a well-designed setting and ambience. Whether you’re lounging by the pool or enjoying dining at Beast & Butterflies, M Social Singapore is the top-rated hotel for staycations in Singapore.
- Inclusive of daily breakfast for 2, access to outdoor swimming pool and fitness center
- 1 -night or 2-night stay in a comfortable Alcove Cosy Room for 2 persons
- Have a complimentary perfume or cocktail making workshop in related package
Clients review who have already booked this staycation in Singapore:
Booked the bottled up happiness package and got to make my own Maison 21G perfume. It was an interesting and fun experience. Sadly the room service/ in-room dining has to be picked up by urself at the restaurant. Would recommend the lobster bisque though. Would like to try the cocktail mix and stay package the next time 🙂 But would book a bigger room. Thank you 🙂
How much does it cost a staycation at M Social Hotel?
Prices start S$ 211 / night per room. You can book the staycation in Singapore for this hotel here.
- 1-night accommodation at Alcove Cosy Room
- Complimentary Cocktail Making Workshop: learn about cocktail making from Beast & Butterflies mixologist – Vladyslav Yesepiv and get an M Social Cocktail Shaker
- 10% discount on dining at Beast & Butterflies (Discount is not applicable for set menus, alcoholic beverages, cold cuts and cheese. Discount is not valid in conjunction with other discounts or privileges)
- Complimentary Room Upgrade (Subjected to availability)
- Coffee & Tea Making Facility
- Your own little Fridge
- Super-safe Safe
- Ensuite Bathroom with Rain Shower
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
3. Ascott Orchard Singapore Family Staycation
Strategically-located in the vibrant Orchard district, the reopened Ascott Orchard Singapore is The Ascott Limited flagship property. It offers accommodations 5 minutes away from Somerset MRT Station. It boasts an outdoor swimming pool and a well-equipped fitness centre. Free internet is available in rooms.
The spacious apartments at Ascott Orchard Singapore feature home entertainment systems. The attached kitchen is fully-equipped with a fridge, kitchenware and a microwave. Exclusive penthouse units feature Fendi Casa furnishing and and 40-inch Curved television.
- 1-night stay in a Bedroom of your choice (Studio Executive, One Bedroom Deluxe Suite, Two Bedroom Premier Suite)
- Inclusive of delicious breakfast for up to 2 adults, children and access to service facilities such as fitness center, pool and resident’s lounge
- Children can enjoy the dedicated children facilities provided including wading pool
- Kindly note that Studio Executive & One-Bedroom Suite can only accommodate 2 Adults and 1 Child. Only the Two-Bedroom Suite can accommodate 2 Adults and 2 Children.
- Complimentary 1x Carpark Coupon per stay
- Enjoy 20% off Discount to Kith Cafe at Ascott Orchard Singapore (Present Keycard)
Clients review who have already booked this staycation in Singapore:
Hotel room suite is really nice. Spacious and comfortable. Great service staff. Exceeded my expectation. highly recommended.
How much does it cost a staycation at Ascott Orchard Singapore?
Prices start S$ 231 / night per room. You can book the staycation in Singapore for this hotel here.
- 1-night accommodation at Ascott Orchard Singapore
- Breakfast for 2 Adults & 1 Child aged 12 & below
- Complimentary 1x Carpark Coupon per stay
- Enjoy 20% off Discount at Kith Cafe (Present Keycard)
- WiFi, Washroom,Tableware, Shade Curtain, Network TV Box, Bathrobe, Slippers, Microwave Oven, Hair Dryer, Refrigerator, Air conditioning, TV, Kitchen, Coffee Maker