Rightly known as the Golden State, California is an amalgamation of unparalleled views, all-year-round great weather, and let’s not forget, the hub of celebrities and all things glamorous. With ample options for places to visit in California, it is the perfect destination for everyone, including history buffs, adventure freaks, or someone just looking for a good time.
However, a plethora of choices one could get overwhelmed about what to check off the bucket list, especially if it’s your first time in sunny C.A. To help you, we’ve compiled a list of the top places to visit in California because we understand it’s important to know where to go! We’re sure once you’re through, you’ll book your flight right away and pack your bags. So, what are you waiting for? Scroll on and plan your itinerary right away.
- Los Angeles How can we list the places to visit and not bring up Los Angeles? Home of the rich and famous, if you want to partake in the glitz and glamor, this is the place to be! To have a gala time around this city, you can opt to take a stroll in Griffith Park, enjoy a delicious meal at Grand Central Market, enjoy the scenic landscape of the city from Mount Wilson Observatory, or even gain some knowledge by visiting the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Apart from this, you mustn’t miss out on getting the perfect view of the Hollywood sign, or even better, you can also hike up to it! If you want just to laze around and take in the city’s night culture, you can always head to the restaurants and bars located at Sunset Boulevard.
- YosemiteHidden away in the majestic mountains of California’s Sierra Nevada mountains is the Yosemite National Park. Besides the beautiful views, you can also choose to participate in a plethora of activities for all ages. Whether you want to soothe the nature-lover in you by doing activities like bird watching or fishing or want to add fuel to the adventure junkie by hiking, biking, or camping, there’s something here to do for everyone. This critical landmark also features Glacier Road with some of the most stunning views of Yosemite, the Tioga Road that holds many picturesque hiking trails, and the Yosemite Falls, which serves as the ultimate picnic spot! Be sure to hit these spots before you bid adieu!
- MalibuBright skies, beaches, and breathtaking sites — what more could one ask for? An ideal spot to sweat away your worries, this beach town west to L.A. is a favorite amongst those who visit California. The glistening ocean and roaring waves make this a popular destination for surfers, and it also has several trails for anyone looking for a challenge. You could also visit Zuma Beach and Point Dume for a relaxing beach day, take in the beauty of the enchanting coastline of El Matador state beach, or enjoy the local seafood cuisine from a number of restaurants.
- Mammoth LakesContrary to popular belief that California is a bright, sunny state, the Mammoth Lakes, situated in the Sierra Nevada mountain, is home to one of the best skiing destinations in the world. If you want to explore high altitudes and maybe even dabble with activities like skiing, mountain climbing, or even paragliding, then this is the spot you must visit. The best time to visit this quaint town is during the fall when there are relatively fewer tourists. So if you’re planning to make your trip here, be sure to do so in September, October, and November.
- San DiegoIt doesn’t matter what time of the year you plan to come down here because San Diego will welcome you with open arms along with the perfect, sunny weather that never disappoints. We suggest you start your day by enjoying the sunrise at La Jolla, one of its best beaches, followed by a quick tour of the USS Midway Museum and a quick stroll in Balboa Park, home to a walkable collection of 15 museums, gardens, theaters, cafes, and of course the world-famous San Diego Zoo. You can finish the day off by savoring delicious Mexican food from a number of restaurants!
It’s important to know where to go, and we hope that our list helped you figure that out! While we’ve only visited a handful of places to visit when you’re here in California, there are many others we haven’t mentioned. These include San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, Palm Springs, Anaheim, Disneyland, and more. But wherever you decide to go in this Golden State, finally, you’re in for a great vacation and a gala time!